Setup NetBeans and Windows OS to start Autopsy project

Get help with module writing or platform code changes.

Moderator: carrier

Setup NetBeans and Windows OS to start Autopsy project

Postby raymund » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:22 am

Hi! I would like to ask, how to set up correct system variables, load Autopsy and Sleuthkit libraries to NetBeans IDE? My aim to analyze code and write own simple report module for mobiles forensic on this platform. Can someone sent my detail explanation with screens how to setup project and system environment ?

P.s. I have read this documentation https://github.com/sleuthkit/autopsy/blob/develop/BUILDING.txt but in result I can access clean project biuld without various error and can understand libraries architecture.

;)
raymund

Re: Setup NetBeans and Windows OS to start Autopsy project

Postby wintermute » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:09 pm

raymund wrote:Hi! I would like to ask, how to set up correct system variables, load Autopsy and Sleuthkit libraries to NetBeans IDE? My aim to analyze code and write own simple report module for mobiles forensic on this platform. Can someone sent my detail explanation with screens how to setup project and system environment ?

P.s. I have read this documentation https://github.com/sleuthkit/autopsy/blob/develop/BUILDING.txt but in result I can access clean project biuld without various error and can understand libraries architecture.

;)

Hi raymund, did you have any luck with your request? I want to start coding as soon as possible, but I'm facing the same issues as you: there are no templates nor explained files to start with.

Maybe you have some files we could use as a start point.

Regards!
wintermute

Postby raymund » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:04 pm

No. I didn't find the solution. I insall jdk 1.8_66 jre also same version. I set system enviroment variables at this jdk and jre. I have set TSK variable. After all I opened autopsy developed platform in netbeans but then I try to biuld it, get error : platform.download:
C:\Users\Raimundas\Desktop\autopsy-develop\build.xml:28: Unsupported Java version: 1.8. Make sure that the Java version is 1.8.0_66 or higher.

Would be great if someone make tutorial video on youtube how to install autopsy for developing with TSK and JAVA preparing.
raymund

Postby raymund » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:07 pm

No. I didn't reach my purpose, and get error unsuported java version. But I have already installed jdk 1.8._66 and set system variables.
raymund

Return to Autopsy Developers Corner