Autopsy 3.xx on Linux

Any Autopsy specific discussions, events, module releases, that don't fall into the other categories.

Moderator: carrier

Autopsy 3.xx on Linux

Postby ancucchi » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:23 pm

From the download page of http://www.sleuthkit.org/autopsy/v2/download.php I read that the version 3.xx of Autopsy is only for Windows.
But a few days ago was released the new version of Paladin containing Autopsy 3.xx.
It is emulated or something else?
Thanks
ancucchi

Re: Autopsy 3.xx on Linux

Postby carrier » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:40 am

We could probably update the wording about v3 on non-Windows platforms. It will work on Linux and OS X, but we don't distribute installers / binary distributions and there is a bunch of work to be done to get it into the Linux packages. So, there are certainly people who are using it on LInux and OS X who build it from source (there is a post somewhere on the forum on how to do it) and Paladin has it, but there aren't "official" releases.
carrier

Re: Autopsy 3.xx on Linux

Postby artfullurker » Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:09 am

Is anyone working on a Linux package for version 3. I'm retired Unix developer. I've been wandering in the wilderness with my blank banner and marker pen looking for a worthy cause. If I could find one or two other people willing to chip in a bit of time I would like to volunteer.
artfullurker

Return to Autopsy General