Computer Fast Forensics Course

Place to post and discuss training related to using open source software.

Moderator: carrier

Computer Fast Forensics Course

Postby Hoyt » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:21 pm

Once again I'll be teaching the Computer Fast Forensics (CFF) course at the Arkansas Criminal Justice Institute (CJI) in Little Rock on May 9 - 11, 2017. This course is law enforcement only and you can find out more here. This will be my third year teaching this course in its current form.

The course is fast paced and overloaded with information and practical exercises. If you plan to attend, take the recommended prerequisites seriously! I cover multiple tools, including Autopsy 4, Paladin, NirSoft, and others. The main idea behind the course is to obtain evidence that might be considered low hanging fruit as quickly and efficiently as possible. The course itself is free and provides all the tools necessary to start a digital evidence investigation the minute the student leaves class. Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) and freeware tools are the focus so as not to require the student to have to wait until their department requisitions purchases before meaningful work can begin.

Autopsy is a core part of this course, but a reminder - it is LAW ENFORCEMENT ONLY. I have courses planned for the near future that anyone can attend, including online training, so hang in there if you can't participate in this one. As always, I'll direct students to this forum after course completion. Expect to see new user names around mid-May.

Hoyt
Hoyt

Return to Training